- Address : Geomun-ri, Bugok-myeon, Changnyeong-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do
- Bugok Hot Spring with the country’s hottest water temperature at 78℃
- The name ‘Bugok’ which means iron pot in Chinese characters, was given because the region resembled the shape of an iron pot.
Bugok Hot Spring which was first discovered in 1973 is a natural hot sulfur spring that produces more than 6,000 tons of water that can get as hot as 78℃. The water contains not only sulfur but more than 20 types of minerals including silicon and chlorine and it is especially good for treating respiratory diseases and skin diseases and the region uses hot spring water for heating during the winter.
Area of the Special Tourist Zone
4,820,000㎡ (designated on January 18, 1997)
Water Temperature and Quality
78℃, Sodium sulfate (Na-So4), alkalescent water
- Hotel: Royal Tourist Hotel, Bugok Garden Hotel, Hotel Rainbow, Bugok Spadium, Ddaogi Hotel
- Condo: Bugok Lake Hills, Ilsing Condo
- Other 300 facilities including accomodations, restaurants and sports facilities.